Links is a graphics and text mode web browser, released under
GPL. Links is a free software.
- Links runs on Linux, BSD, UNIX in general, OS/2, Cygwin under Windows,
AtheOS, BeOS, FreeMint.
- Links runs in graphics mode (mouse required) on X Window System (UN*X,
Cygwin), SVGAlib, Linux Framebuffer, OS/2 PMShell, AtheOS GUI
- Links runs in text mode (mouse optional) on UN*X console, ssh/telnet
virtual terminal, vt100 terminal, xterm, and virtually any other text
terminal. Mouse is supported for GPM, xterm, and OS/2. Links supports colors on
- Easy and quick user control via pull-down menu in both text and
graphics mode, in 33 languages.
- HTML 4.0 support (without CSS)
- HTTP 1.1 support
- Tables, frames in both graphics and text mode, builtin image display
in graphics mode
- Builtin image display for GIF, JPEG, PNG, XBM, TIFF in graphics mode
- Anti-advertisement animation filter in animated GIFs
- Background file downloads
- Automatic reconnection in case of TCP connection breakdown
- Keepalive connections
- Background (asynchronous) DNS lookup
- Possibility to hook up external programs for all MIME types,
possibility to choose one of more programs at every opening.
- 48-bit high-quality image gamma correction, resampling and
in all color depths.
- Font resampling (antialiasing) for virtually unlimited pitch range,
LCD optimization of fonts and images.
- Builtin fonts in the executable
without reliance on any fonts installed in the system
- In graphics mode, Links supports Unicode fonts where each one code
point represents one glyph. It doesn't compose in languages like Khmer.
- In text mode, there is additional requirement — Links supports fonts
where each glyph is exactly one character cell wide.
- Links supports only left-to-right text direction.
- User-adjustable menu, HTML font size and image zoom factor.
- User-adjustable display gammas (red, green, blue), viewing-condition
correction gamma and precise calibration
of both monitor and Links on a calibration pattern
- Automatic aspect ratio correction for modes like 640x200, 640x400,
320x200 with user-adjustable manual aspect ratio correction.
- Support for one-wheel mice (vertical scroll), two-wheel mice (vertical and
horizontal scroll) and smooth scrolling by grabbing the plane with a mouse
(no wheel needed).
- Easy installation, the browser is just one executable and no more
Graphics mode (PNG)
Graphics mode (JPG)
Text mode (PNG)
Text mode (JPG)
HTML written in VIM.
Graphics made with GIMP.
Powered with PNG.
Send comments to